Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Let's talk about sex(ting) baby... Let's talk about you and me...

You've probably done it and don't even realize it. Okay... you probably realize it. But do teenagers realize the implications of this act? What am I talking about? I'm talking about "sexting." Ooo yea! The cat is out of the bag. Why you'd put a cat in a bag, I would never know. We're not animal abusers are we? Here's looking at you Mike Vick.
http://0.tqn.com/d/crime/1/0/w/w/vick_michael.jpg
Sexting is on the rise in this country, primarily in the teenage demographic. Sexting is the act of sending either text messages or picture messages with your phone to simulate sexual actions and/or flirting. Seems kind of pointless, doesn't it? But there it is, everyone. Most likely your child, your brother, your sister, your mother (that might be a bitter pill to swallow), and the alike have done it. Your best friend most definitely has.

Whatever happened to the good old days when you liked someone, you took them out on a date, and at the end of the night you either got the kiss or you didn't? Nowadays with the teenage demographic, their first dates are most likely occurring in separate rooms, separate houses, one town over and physical intimacy is replaced with digital dependency. "But Ryan, I rather my kid sext than have sex." (Insert best Jim Carrey impression)... Ree-aaa-lll-yyy?

Keep in mind, whatever is set into the world when we live in the age of the internet, will forever be there. If you are worried about your kid getting pregnant, have the chat about the birds and the bees. Keep Michael Vick away from them. If your child sends out a text message with his or her "private" regions exposed, they won't become so private anymore. Just ask Brett Favre. See what he thinks of sexting nowadays.
http://www.lugaluda.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/brett-favre.jpg
There is a website dedicated to this phenomenon. Browse through it. See some of the pointers they give on how to prevent your child or even yourself from sexting in the future. It'll catch yo to you sooner than later. It's even got it's own anthem now.



The best way to prevent this problem is to keep it in your pants... your phone that is. Get your mind out of the gutter!

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha, Ryan, the way you write is too funny! Great blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad someone gets my humor. I always feel like it doesn't translate when its written down. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Mister Jim Carrey, I agree with you that it's quite ridiculous how technology has changed the way people communicate, including the way we flirt with one another. Personally, I think it's beyond strange when people who sext send exposed pictures of themselves. It takes something that's meant to be personal and offers it an awkward transition into the impersonal...And the fact that it will never stay in just one person's phone is enough to make me think it's a no-no, but to each his own I guess.

    P.S. I have that song on a CD in my car. I don't know how it got there, I swear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am trying so hard to not make a witty remark on that comment you just posted. It's killing me inside. I think I am going to text you what I want to say instead.

    I said text, Caroline. Not sext!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHAHAHA I have the perfect solution to everyone's sexting problems. If someone asks me for a "sexty" picture, I have a picture of bison mating in my phone, and I never hesitate to send that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not going to lie. That photo is the sexiest thing I have ever seen. Then again, you showed me during the worst of times being that I was crying like a little girl inside. So my opinion on the photo by be bias.

    ReplyDelete