Saturday, October 9, 2010

The new iTunes 10 becoming a social network?

ITunes already offers pod casts, apps, music, movies and TV shows among other things but apple has taken iTunes to the next level. Now you can actually follow other people through iTunes who have the same interests and follow your favorite artists. The invention is “Ping” and this app allows you to personally communicate with others and see what they are talking about listening to or downloading. Also with iTunes10 they have made it faster to stream and download music as well as wireless airplay that allows you to steam music wirelessly… and of course the ever popular and infamous “like” button under songs in which the listener can click and will have the option to join ping where they can share that song with other people. You are actually shown a list of people that ITunes thinks you might want to follow.

What does this do as far as social networking? I don’t know but basically apple has taken the “like” button from Facebook and the option to “follow” people from Twitter to create the ultimate playground for diehard groupies and young passionate music lovers of our time. This Ping application could also ultimately make it easy to promote your own music or a band/ artist that you love. Fans can even catch the latest updates in music and tours for their favorite artists. This could very well mean the end of the ever dying MySpace that over the past couple years has been pushed from the umber 1 social networking system by Facebook to a mainly a website to promote your band and have fan pages.

I downloaded the new iTunes and personally find it slowing me down there are too many new features for me to learn and I find the buffering when I want to play a song in the iTunes store to be slower and I know its not my computer because I just bought a new Mac book Pro which a little off topic I must tell you that I love it! But this new iTunes 10 will defiantly reinvent the way people listen to and share music and are a perfect time for apple to get ahead of the curve music wise.

After I watched a couple peoples YouTube posts I saw an overwhelming majority of people who hated the fact that the side bar colors were gone and that may sound retarded but I completely agree it has no flavor but I do like the new iTunes blue logo and I do advise all of you music lovers to go check it out and download it because I believe this could really take off. Here is a brief YouTube video that I watched

No comments:

Post a Comment