Friday, October 15, 2010

Revival of Vinyl?


As you all know, CDs are dying out and music is going digital. It's crazy how the world of music is changing. Everything is on the internet. People rarely buy CDs these days. You never see cassette tapes anymore. Vinyl has been dead for the longest time…or so you thought. It actually turns out that vinyl is rising from the dead. In 2009, I went to Looney Tunes, a record store located in West Babylon, just to look around. I happened to find an LP of Taking Back Sunday’s latest album, New Again. I thought it was so cool and so rare and I had to have it. Even if I couldn’t play it, it would still be cool to own. I had never seen that anywhere.


One day during either the spring or summer, I walked into Looney Tunes again. I found something that I never thought I would see… vinyl albums of bands that I love. Then I noticed that Hot Topic started carrying vinyl records too and Urban Outfitters recently started doing the same. Now, it’s not uncommon to see vinyl albums from today’s bands/artists.




So, who would buy these vinyl records when there are CDs and MP3s? Well, it turns out that a lot of people actually prefer vinyl over CDs and MP3s. Most prefer the sound quality and others just like to have the physical copy. The music trends keep changing, but for now, vinyl continues to live on.








No comments:

Post a Comment